|HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER AND HYDRODYNAMICS IN HEAT POWER EQUIPMENT (TMTHHPE)
General information about the Department
Head of the department: Corr. Memb. of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Engineering Science Doctor, Professor, Honored Worker of Science and Engineering of Ukraine, Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology
Avramenko Andrey Alexandrovich
History of the Department
The department was established on the basis of department of highly accelerated heat transfer, which for a long time was headed by Academician Vsevolod Tolubinskiy – one of the founders of the modern theory of heat transfer during boiling. Since 1988 the department has been being headed by his students and their scientific activity is a continuation of V. Tolubinskiy`s works in the physics of the process of vapor phase generating and the problems of ensuring the reliability of thermohydraulic zones of nuclear power reactors. In 2006 the department was renamed and since then has been being headed by corresponding member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Avramenko Andrey.
The main activities of the department
The main target of scientific research of the department connects with the thermo-physical processes in the energy research equipment of nuclear and thermal power plants, heat and mass transfer and hydrodynamics in the elements of power equipment, the development of methods to improve of the reliability of their capital equipment, as well as economy, the development of the theory and methods of calculating thermal parameters of technological processes, machines and apparatus of power plants. Also topics of micro- and nanoflows, bioconvenction phenomenon and hydrodynamic instability are also studied.
The detailed direction of the department
The department carries out experimental and theoretical studies of fluid flow and heat transfer in the channels of power reactors. The conditions of occurrence of crisis of thermal returning in steam-generating channels in conditions of a sudden consumption of carrier of heat and a sharp increase in heat flux on the surface of the steam generating in order to verify the existing calculation methods for predicting the active zones of emergency operation of nuclear power plants are studied. Flow of supercritical parameters is studied. One of the most promising research directions, which are studied by the employees of the department are the use of micro-and nanoflows to intensify the heat and mass transfer processes. Problems of hydrodynamic and thermal instability, turbulence and bioconvection when exposed to a variety of factors are studied. Theoretical studies are carried out on the basis of the theory of non-linear perturbations of group methods (classical symmetry group and the renormalization group), various numerical methods with special packages. The method of determination of boiling mode on the surface of metal products in the process of hardening on the basis of the information that are contained in the acoustic noise of the phase transition to create a system of automated control of the hardening process.
Description of projects that are being carried out and have already been done
STUDY OF IMPROVED HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER AT THE PHASE TRANSITION, AND DISCRETE-IMPULSE ENERGY INPUT IN A HETEROGENEOUS ENVIRONMENT BY THE MOLECULAR AND EXPERIMENTAL MODELING METHODS
Purpose: to establish laws and mechanisms of intensification of heat and mass transfer in multicomponent media with phase transitions, to propose the rational process parameters producing ultra cooling environments and the adsorption of modified materials for heat converters, creation of sorption heat converter in the new working bodies.
PRINCIPLES OF INCREASE OF EFFICIENCY OF WATER-COOLED NUCLEAR REACTORS BY SWITCHING TO A SUPERCRITICAL PARAMETERS OF THE HEAT CARRIER
Purpose: to study the processes of heat transfer, fluid dynamics and instability in water-cooled nuclear reactors under supercritical parameters of heat carrier to increase the efficiency of conversion of nuclear energy into heat energy. To investigate accidents and conduct simulation of water flow in the decrease of consumption of heat carrier, a sharp change of heat capacity at the surface of the fuel elements and the uneven heating of the surface in heating hexagonal assembly that consists of seven rods. This will identify the degraded modes of heat transfer and optimize the profile of energy in the core of reactor of supercritical parameters.
STUDY OF HYDRODYNAMICS AND HEAT EXCHANGE IN MICRO- NANOSTRUCTURED PARTICULATE ENVIROMENT
Purpose: to carry out theoretical and experimental studies of processes of structure formation in nano-dispersed systems; to investigate thermophysical and physicochemical conditions of formation mechanisms of spatial structure grids in heterogeneous environments, to determine the regularities of cavitation vapor bubbles in the investigation and the subsequent rapid drop of pressure increase in the liquid flow and the effect of cavitation effects on processes of heat exchange.
EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF SHEAR FLOWS ENTHALPIES ROD BUNDLES COOLANT IN THE REACTOR CORE FOR A MORE RELIABLE DETERMINATION OF STOCK TO BURNOUT
Purpose: to obtain experimental data on the cross-carrier power flows of heat in the space of seven core rods; to designate mixing enthalpy flow in the range of change of parameters of the heat carrier from the start of boiling heat transfer to the crisis at pressures close to critical.
MONOLITH FILTERS FOR AIR FILTRATION AND PURIFICATION TO COUNTERACT A POTENTIAL BACTERIOLOGICAL TERRORIST ATTACK
NATO Linkage grant with North Carolina State University
MOLECULAR AND EXPERIMENTAL MODELING OF HEAT TRANSFER INTENSIFICATION AT THE PHASE TRANSITION AND DISCRETE PULSE INPUT OF ENERGY IN HETEROGENEOUS ENVIRONMENTS (2015-2019 )
Purpose: to determine the patterns and mechanisms of heat and mass transfer intensification in multicomponent media in the presence of phase transitions, to offer rational parameters of technological processes for obtaining ultra-dispersed cooling media and modified adsorption materials for heat converters, and to create a sorption heat converter on new working bodies.
THERMOHYDRAULIC INSTABILITY OF HEAT FLOWS AND DEVELOPMENT OF THERMOPHYSICAL MECHANISMS TO OVERCOME ITS DESTRUCTIVE INFLUENCE ON ELEMENTS OF ENERGY EQUIPMENT (2018-2019).
Purpose: to determine the causes and mechanisms of heat and hydraulic instability of the coolant flow, in particular longitudinal thermoacoustic self-oscillations caused by heat supply, and based on this – to create methods to control the amplitude of these oscillations to prevent their destructive effect on thermal equipment
AERODYNAMICS AND HEAT TRANSFER IN LIGHT-TRANSPARENT STRUCTURES IN THEIR INTERACTION WITH THERMAL RADIATION (2017-2021)
Purpose: development of thermophysical models to study the effect of solar radiation on the thermal regimes of translucent structures, determination of heat consumption through the end surfaces of enclosing structures.
DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL FUNDAMENTALS OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER INTENSIFICATION IN POROUS ENVIRONMENTS FOR BUILDING MATERIALS OF STRUCTURAL CONSTRUCTION (2020-2021 )
Purpose: to create a scientific basis for improving the efficiency of heat and mass transfer processes in porous media used in the facade elements of building structures and in the elements of thermal power equipment, in particular in cooling systems.
DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENTIFIC FUNDAMENTALS OF THERMAL INTERACTION OF BUILDINGS WITH THE ENVIRONMENT AND IMPROVEMENT OF ITS ENERGY EFFICIENCY ON THE BASIS OF APPLICATION OF INTELLIGENCE ENGINEERING (2020-2024 )
Purpose: development of scientific bases of increase of efficiency of buildings and systems of their power supply on the basis of researches of aerodynamics and heat and mass transfer in porous and homogeneous environments, dynamic and thermal interaction (soil-air) of buildings with external environment and application of intelligent power systems of the house.
- Avramenko A.A., Basok B.I., Solovyov E.N. Symmetries of convective heat transfer and fluid flow equations. Kiev, Ukraine, Naukova Dumka Publishers, 2001, 96 pp. (in Russian)
- Avramenko A.A., Basok B.I., Kuznetsov A.V. Group method in thermophysics. Kiev, Ukraine, Naukova Dumka Publishers, 2003, 484 pp. (in Russian)
- LavrinenkoM., Sukmanov V. A, Avramenko A.A., Ukrainec А.I., Afenchenko D.S., Shulga A.V. – Finite – element simulation in engineering calculations. – Donetsk: North – Press, 2008. – 668 p. (in Russian)
- Basok B.I., Davydenko B. V., Avramenko A.A., Pirozhenko I. A. Fluid dynamics, heat transfer and the effects of splitting up in the rotation – the pulsating flows. Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine, 2012, 296 pp (in Russian).
- Авраменко А. А., Басок Б. И., Дмитренко Н. П., Ковецкая М. М., Тыринов А. И., Давыденко Б. В. Ренормализационно групповой анализ турбулентности. – Киев: Из-во ИТТФ НАН Украины, 2013. – 300 с.
- Басок Б. И., Гоцуленко В. В., Авраменко А. А. Механизмы теплофизической неустойчивости потока теплоносителя. – Киев: Симоненко А. И., 2019. – 264 с.
- Kuznetsov A. V., Avramenko A. The method of separation of variables for solving equations describing molecular-motor-assisted transport of intracellular particles in a dendrite or axon // Proc. Royal Soc. A – 2008. – 464. – P. 2867 – 2886.
- Kuznetsov A. V., Avramenko A. A macroscopic model of traffic jams in axons // Mathematical Biosciences. – 2009. – 218, N 2 –P. 142 – 152.
- Avramenko A., Kuznetsov A. V. Instability of a slip flow in a curved channel formed by two concentric cylindrical surfaces // European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. – 2009. – 28, N 6. – P. 722–727.
- Avramenko A. A. et. al. Self-similar analysis of fluid flow and heat-mass transfer of nanofluids in boundary layer // Phys. Fluids. – 2011. – 23. – P. 082002-1 – 082002-8.
- Avramenko A. A., et. al. Symmetry analysis and self-similar forms of fluid flow and heat-mass transfer in turbulent boundary layer flow of a nanofluid // Phys. Fluids. – 2012. – 24. – P. 092003-1 – 092003-20.
- Avramenko A. A., Kondrat?eva E. A., Kovetskaya M. M., Tyrinov A. I. Hydrodynamics and heat transfer of a water flow with supercritical parameters in a vertical assembly of fuel elements // Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. – 2013. – Vol. 86, No. 4. – P. 811 – 819.
- Kuznetsov A. V., Blinov D. G., Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Tyrinov A. I., Kuznetsov I. Modeling Leftward Flow in the Embryonic Node, Proceedings of the ASME 2013 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 15-21,2013, San Diego, CA, USA, paper # IMECE2013-62503. – 8 p.
- Dolinsky A.A., Moskalenko A.A., Grabova T.L., Kobasko N.I., LogvinenkoP.N. Cooling Intensity of Micro- and Nanofluids to Be Used as a Quenchant for Hardening of Steel Parts and Tools/ Advances in Modern Mechanical Engineering. Proceeding of the 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Heat Mass Transfer. Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 25-27, 2013.– 90– 96.
- N., Moskalenko A.A., Kobasko N.I.,Protsenko L.N., Riabov S.V. Effect of Oligomeric Additives on the Cooling Characteristics of Mineral Oils to Improve the Heat Treatment of Alloy Steels/ Advances in Modern Mechanical Engineering. Proceeding of the 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Heat Mass Transfer. Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 25-27, 2013.– p. 111–116.
- Dolinsky A., Grabov L. N., Moskalenko A. A., Grabova T. L., Logvinenko P. N. Cooling Characteristics of Meso- and Nanofluids Prepared by the DPIE Method // Materials Performance and Characterization . – 2014. – Vol.3, №4. – P. 337 – 351.
- Dolinsky A.A., Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Grabova T.L / Study of the dynamics of formation of spatial nanostructures, 2nd International research and practice conference, NANOTECHNOLOGY and NANOMATERIALS (NANO – 2014). Ukraine, Lviv, August 27 – 30, 2014. – 1 p.
- Kuznetsov A. V., Blinov D. G., Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Tyrinov A. I., Kuznetsov I. A. Approximate modelling of the leftward flow and morphogen transport in the embryonic node by specifying vorticity at the ciliated surface // J. Fluid Mech. – 2014. – Vol. 738. – P. 492 – 521.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk V. I., Tyrinov A. I., Blinov D. G. Heat transfer at film condensation of stationary vapor with nanoparticles near a vertical plate // Applied Thermal Engineering. – 2014. – 73. – P. 389 – 396.
- Kobasko N.I., Moskalenko A.A., Deyneko L.N. Investigations of Nucleate Boiling Processeses during Quenching Baced on Possibilities of Noise Control System // Materials Perfomance and Characterization ASTM Internatiol USA. – 2014. – V.3,№4. – P. 2 – 27.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I. Heat transfer at ?lm condensation of moving vapor with nanoparticles over a ?at surface // International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. – 2015. – 82. – P. 316 – 324.- Impact Factor: 2.809.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I. Heat transfer in stable film boiling of a nanofluid over a vertical surface // International Journal of Thermal Sciences. – 2015. – 92. – P. 106 – 118.- Impact Factor: 3.156.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I. Thermocapillary instability in an evaporating two-dimensional thin layer film // International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. – 2015. – 91. – P. 77 – 88.- Impact Factor: 2.809.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I. An analytical and numerical study on the start-up flow of slightly rarefied gases in a parallel-plate channel and a pipe // Phys. Fluids. – 2015. – V.27. – P. 042001-1 – 042001-18. – Impact Factor: 031
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I. Theoretical investigation of steady isothermal slip flow in a curved microchannel with a rectangular cross-section and constant radii of wall curvature // European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. – 2015. – V.54. – P. 87– 97. – Impact Factor: 717
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Start-up slip flow in a microchannel with a rectangular cross section // Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics. – 2015. – 29, Issue 5-6. – P. 351-371. -Impact Factor: 1.8
- Dolinsky A. A., Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Grabova T. L. Study of the Dynamics of Formation of Spatial Nanostructures // Nanoplasmonics, Nano-Optics, Nanocomposites, and Surface Studies. – 2015. – V.167. – P. 223-232 .
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P. Dean instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration non-uniformity // Phys. Fluids. – 2016. – 28. – P. 034104-1 – 034104-16.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P. Centrifugal instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration non-uniformity between co-axial rotating cylinders // European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. – 2016. – 60. – P. 90– 98.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Abdallah S., Blinova D. G., Harmandd S., Tyrinov A. I. Symmetry analysis for film boiling of nanoﬂuids on a vertical plate using a nonlinear approach // Journal of Molecular Liquids. – 2016. – 223. – P. 156 – 164.
- Avramenko A. A., Dmitrenko N. P., Tyrinov A. I. Renormalization Group Analysis of the Stability of Turbulent Flows in Porous Media // Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. – 2016. – Volume 89, N 3. – P. 592 – 605.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P., Kravchuk A. V., Shevchuk V. I. Mixed convection in a vertical ﬂat microchannel // International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. – 2017. – 106. – P. 1164 – 1173.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Abdallah S., Blinov D. G., Tyrinov A. I. Self-similar analysis of ﬂuid ﬂow, heat, and mass transfer at orthogonal nanoﬂuid impingement onto a flat surface // Phys. Fluids. – 2017. – 29. – P. 052005-1 – 052005-11.
- Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P., Kravchuk A. V., Shevchuk V. I. Mixed convection in a vertical circular microchannel // International Journal of Thermal Sciences. – 2017. – 121. – P. 1 – 12.
- Kravchuk A. V., Avramenko A. A. Application of the monte carlo method to the solution of heat transfer problem in nanofluids // Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. – 2017. – Volume 90, N 5. – P. 1107 – 1114.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Kravchuk A. V. Turbulent incompressible microflow between rotating parallel plates // European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. – 2018. – 71. – P. 35 – 46.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Moskalenko A. A., Lohvynenko P. N., Kovetska Yu. Yu. Instability of a vapor layer on a vertical surface at presence of nanoparticles // Applied Thermal Engineering. – 2018. – 139. – P. 87 – 98.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Kravchuk A. V., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk V. I. Application of renormalization group analysis to two-phase turbulent flows with solid dust particles // Journal of Mathematical Physics. – 2018. – 59. – 073101.
- Avramenko A. A., Kovetska Yu. Yu., Shevchuk I. V., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk V. I. Mixed Convection in Vertical Flat and Circular Porous Microchannels // Transport in Porous Media. – 2018. – Volume 124, Issue 3. – P. 919 – 941.
- Avramenko A. A., Dmitrenko N. P., Kravchuk A. V., Kovetskaya Yu. Yu., Tyrinov A. I. HYDRODYNAMICS OF A NONSTATIONARY FLOW IN A MICROCYLINDER BEGINNING SUDDEN ROTATION // Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. – 2018. – Volume 91, N 6. – P. 1452 – 1461.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V. Lie group analysis and general forms of self-similar parabolic equations for fluid flow, heat and mass transfer of nanofluids // Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. – 2019. – Volume 135, Issue 1. – P. 223 – 235.
- Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V. Renormalization group analysis of heat transfer in the presence of endothermic and exothermic chemical reactions // Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering. – 2019. – 16(4). – P. 2049 – 2062.
- Avramenko A. A, Dmitrenko N. P., Shevchuk I. V., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk V. I. Heat transfer of incompressible flow in a rotating microchannel with slip boundary conditions of second order. // International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow. – 2019. – Vol. 29, Issue: 5. – P. 1786 – 1814.
- Avramenko A. A., Kovetska Yu. Yu., Shevchuk I. V., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk V. I. Heat Transfer in Porous Microchannels with Second-Order Slipping Boundary Conditions // Transport in Porous Media. – 2019. – Volume 129, Issue 3. – P. 673 – 699.
- Avramenko A. A., Kovetskaya M. M., Tyrinov A. I., Kovetskaya Yu. Yu. Distinctive features of the use of nanofluids to enhance boiling heat transfer // Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. – 2020. – Vol. 93, No. 1. – P. 74 – 82.
- Avramenko А. A., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N .P., Kovetska Yu. Yu., Tyrinov A. I. Unsteady theory of heat transfer and fluid flow during instantaneous transition to film boiling // International Journal of Thermal Sciences. – 2020. – 153. – 106345. – 10 p.
Head of Laboratory Ph.D. Demchenko Vladimir Georgievich.