Main directions of the department activity
1. Development of the scientific monitoring of the technical condition of thermal power objects and increase their efficiency
2. Diagnostics of heat and power equipment to extend the service life and ensure optimization of operation modes
3. Measurement and control of thermal quantities; development and implementation of tools for measuring thermal characteristics and thermoradiation properties
4. Improving the efficiency of heat consumption
5. The development of effective technologies of heat generation in the municipal power system with the use of renewable energy sources and local fuels
6. The development of regulatory framework (standards, specifications, measurement techniques, etc.) in the field of measurement of heat flow, thermal properties of materials and parameters of thermal conditions of the equipment, buildings and structures.